Pecan Nut Crescents
From the kitchen of Susie's Mom
There's probably lots of variants of this. I'd enjoyed these cookies from Susie
for years before I got around to asking for the recipe.
- 1/2 lb butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Note: These are relatively easy to make. They're are a dry crumbly
nutty not-too-sweet cookie. Well, not too sweet except for the
powdered sugar on the outside which tends to glom on pretty thickly to
the oil on the still-warm cookies, making a sort of psuedo frosting.
Susie's favorite cookies.
- cream butter
- add sugar, vanilla and water
- sift flour and salt together and stir into mixture
- add pecans & mix thoroughly
- using portions about the size of small walnuts, roll into
- bake in slow oven at 325 deg F for 20 min.
- while warm, roll in powdered sugar.
Back to the Recipes
from the Dinner Ring